PM Victor Ponta stated, Monday, that he had sent the Constitutional Court of Romania (CCR) a document with info received from the Ministry of Administration and Internal Affairs, which are not the permanent electoral lists for the simple reason that the Government does not possess these lists. The General Prosecutor's Office has them.
Ponta indicated that he had sent the CCR president, Augustin Zegrean, a document registered under file no 5451, on Monday.
„I did not send the electoral lists to CCR because of one reason that everyone understood: we did not have the electoral lists, but the General Prosecutor's Office did“, said Victor Ponta.
The Prime Minister also said that the CCR, in three official documents, had requested the Romanian Government to perform certain procedures reffering to the 370/2004 bill regarding the election of the president of Romania.
See PM Victor Ponta's most important statements below
- I wish to present the content of the official document that I have sent the Constitutional Court today.
- CCR did not request the Government performing certain procedures, but which the Executive nevertheless had performed.
- I did not send the electoral lists to CCR, only the data of those who should be or shouldn't be on these lists.
- I requested all authorized institutions to supply the number of persons whose names should be on these lists.
- I couldn't have sent the electoral lists because they are at the General Prosecutor's Office.
- According to the Internal Affairs and External Affairs Ministries' data, 34.654 persons are to be erased by mayors from the permanent electoral lists used in the referendum.
- 512.379 persons possessed expired ID's and did not renew them until the day of the vote, which, according to the PM, must be taken into consideration
- 3.052.397 Romanians have a legal right to reside outside Romania
- 1.101.809 Romanians that reside legally abroad are over the age of 18
- CCR will decide tomorrow whether it validates or not the referendum
- The data collected in the countries where Romanians reside has been sent to the Ministry of External Affairs
Antena 3 S.A. utilizează fișiere de tip cookie pentru a vă oferi o experiență cât mai plăcută și personalizată pe www.antena3.ro. Îți aducem la cunoștință faptul că ne-am actualizat politicile pentru a ne conforma cu modificările propuse aduse de Directiva (UE) 2002/58/EC ("Directiva E-Privacy") si de Regulamentul (UE) 2016/679 privind protectia persoanelor fizice in ceea ce priveste prelucrarea datelor cu caracter personal si privind libera circulatie a acestor date si de abrogare a Directivei 95/46/CE ("Regulamentul GDPR").
Înainte de a continua navigarea pe www.antena3.ro, te rugăm să citești și să înțelegi conținutul Politicii de Cookie și Politica de Confidențialitate.
Prin continuarea navigării pe www.Antena3.ro confirmi acceptarea utilizării fișierelor de tip cookie. Poți modifica în orice moment setările acestor fișiere cookie urmând instrucțiunile din Politica de Cookie.